Why are email marketers so good at opening jars? 🤔
They’re always obsessed with improving their open rates. Ba-dum-tss 😃 We'll see ourselves out.
This week we're talking all things email marketing, interactive marketing, and livestreams. I'm ready, are you?
You Just Got a Letter! 💌
With 3.9 billion email users globally, making time for email marketing makes sense, especially when most of those people check their email every day! When combined with social media marketing, email marketing can be a powerful tool to help grow your business. Running email campaigns along with campaigns on LinkedIn means double the number of eyes viewing your message. Boundless Media's own Nico De Bruyn has some tips to help you make the most of email marketing.
- Target the right audience: Taking the time to research who the perfect client is for you and who is ready to buy, and targeting those leads will help your email campaigns be more successful.
- Personalize your emails: Customers like to know that there's a real, living, human being on the other side of an email, so make sure your emails sound human and not so robotic. You're much more likely to generate replies if your emails feel unique and real.
- Use the right messaging approach: Email marketing relies less on images and URLs and more on your writing and the voice you portray. The purpose of initial emails sent to leads is not to sell to them but to start a conversation with them instead. Focus on crafting the right message if you want to get more genuine responses.
We are excited to begin implementing email campaigns and hope you are too! If you have any questions about email marketing and how it can help you, let us know!
*Pokes Audience With Stick* C'mon Do Something
How do I give my customers an unforgettable online experience? We ask ourselves this question all the time. One way to provide customers with a memorable online experience is through interactive marketing. People are more likely to be interested in your company if they interact with your content somehow. Experts agree that a blend of interactive content and traditional, static content can be a great way to raise customer retention rates.
Need some interactive marketing inspo? Check out our list of ideas below!
- Quizzes: Quizzes aren't just for Buzzfeed anymore. Making industry-specific quizzes for your customers to take can help teach your customers about certain topics and get them interested in what you have to offer. They can also help show where your customers are struggling, and you can use that to show them why they need you.
- Calculators: Numbers are impactful. Having customers input data into a calculator and showing them a score can help them see where they are at and demonstrate the value you bring. CreditKarma has many great examples of calculators on its website. Check them out if you need some inspiration!
- LinkedIn Polls: Did you know that LinkedIn offers a poll feature? Using the LinkedIn poll component is an excellent way to engage your followers and learn more about them! To get started with creating a poll:
- Create a new post and tap the plus sign.
- Tap "create a poll" and fill in the prompt that it gives you. You can use polls to gain new insights on your followers and potential customers by asking them what their goals are, their preferences, and revealing their pain points. Polls can also be a great way to have fun with your audience and show off your personality — have fun with it!
- Please take a look at some of our favorite examples below!
Just Wanted to Hop On and Say Hi
Think livestreams are just for celebrities on Instagram? Think again! Hosting a livestream on Facebook or LinkedIn is a new way to better connect with your followers and educate them on current trends or topics pertinent to your industry.
Livestreams are an excellent way to show your audience your authentic self because live videos aren't edited or polished. Showing authenticity helps build trust between you and your audience. Live videos allow you to answer questions and start a conversation between you and your audience, taking your relationships to the next level!
Here are some tips to follow for your next livestream:
- Have a plan: Livestreams are fantastic because they are raw and unedited, but having a purpose and a plan for what you want to accomplish during your Livestream helps move the conversation forward in a purposeful way.
- Be authentic: Show your customers the most genuine side of yourself. Anything can happen during a livestream, so embrace the unexpected!
- Build anticipation: Having your mom be your only viewer on your livestream hurts just a little. Get your audience excited about your upcoming stream by posting about it in the days leading up to it. Reminders are also a great way to make use of LinkedIn stories like we talked about last week! Posting a story the day of can be a great way to remind your audience to attend. ✅
Need ideas for what to talk about during your next livestream? We're always here to help!
We hope these ideas get you thinking about how you can take your business to the next level! As always, we're only a message away with answers to any questions you might have. We wish you a relaxing weekend and a productive week next week!
The Boundless Media team